Homebuy equity loan schemes
If you’re a homeowner who was supported in buying your home by a homebuy loan scheme with us, and you now want to sell your home, the loan will need to be repaid. You’ll find information here to help with that.
The scheme was historically available from housing providers, such as Mercian, Wherry and South Anglia Housing Association, to help people buy a property outright on the open market.
If you bought your home this way you’ll have contributed a certain percentage of the purchase price of your home through your mortgage. We will have provided the remaining percentage of the purchase price in the form of an equity loan - secured as a charge against the property.
When the property is sold, or if you wish to purchase the remaining share, the loan needs to be repaid.
Under the terms of the scheme:
- You’ll need an independent valuation, the cost of which is met by you, as the owner.
- The cost of the valuation is non-refundable should you decide not to proceed.
- You’ll also need to pay our homebuy redemption administration fee (see 'other fees').
- A valuation is valid for three months only. If your transaction isn’t complete in this timescale, a desk top valuation may be required for a smaller fee.
How to proceed with repaying your loan
To continue download the offline forms, below.
- The Homebuy Application form needs to be completed, signed and returned to us.
- The Valuation form is not returned to us. It's to be completed by the owners and handed to your chosen RICS surveyor.
- Details are on each form.
If you can scan your signed application form it can be returned through our online enquiry form on this page.
On receipt of your completed application a member of our team will contact you for the required payment of our fee and to progress your application.
Homebuy online enquiry form
Latimer by Clarion Housing Group is the development arm of Clarion Housing Association Limited and Latimer Developments Limited, both are part of the Clarion Housing Group.
- You'll need to complete this form in one session. There's no option to save as you progress.
- Information you supply to us is treated with respect in line with data protection legislation.
For further details on how your personal information is used, how we maintain the security of your information, and your rights to access information we hold on you, please see our Privacy Notice.