New Homes Quality Code
Latimer follows the New Homes Quality Code, which was put in place to support home buyers. The code sets out the requirements that registered developers must meet and provides improved protection for people buying new-build homes.
What is the New Homes Quality Code?
The New Homes Quality Board is a non-profit organisation which was established for the purpose of developing a new framework to oversee reforms in the build quality of new homes and the customer service provided by developers. As such, they have now published its New Homes Quality Code - the new code of practice for the house building industry that aims to drive up the quality of new-build homes and strengthen protection for customers.
The code is designed to help you understand what levels of service you should expect from us and to help you be fully informed about your rights, before and after you move in.
How does the New Homes Quality Code protect you?
The code aims to ensure that every aspect of the home purchase, from the beginning through to two years after purchase, is covered.
- We will provide you with all the relevant information about the home during the sales process, which will all you to make informed decisions about your purchase.
- Vulnerable customers will be protected from high pressure selling and their deposit will be protected by the builder.
- The code sets out requirements for a fair reservation agreements and sales contracts.
- Customers are allowed to have a professional carry out a pre-completion inspection of their home on their behalf.
- An effective after care service will be in place to deal with any issues customers have with their new home.